Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

"Picturesque"

Picturesque

There have been times within my life that seemed so picturesque

That left my mind the imprint of a complex arabesque

A feel, a smell, or pattern left across the fields of mind

All senses well arrayed to swell the heart and later find

A vision, blinding, in its gift to take the breath away

Triggered by a sight or scent or song I seldom play

A song in heart that sings a sigh that only my heart hears

A surge of soul that slumbered deep across the spanning years

Perchance to wake at slightest hint of something in the past

And thunder through the senses fully wrought and fully massed

Like breath upon a window pane, the intervening years

The sun burns through the foggy view and silent, windswept tears

And brings it all back home again, head bowed, I softly kneel

It brings the will to heightened state of majesty and steel

Eternal sighs, again, might be a phrase that I could use

But, breathless, from the memory, is word that I would choose

Beauty binds a way of life that captures as it sends

It happens just so often now, I wonder what portends

A hint of things to come?  Of pure beauty's final race?

I staggerdrop and wonderfall at thought I might embrace

All of life, complete the dream, then, gone without a trace


No comments:

Post a Comment