Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

"Black"

I find I'm aghast that I'm drawn at the last to the colour of none that is black
I've said it before and I'll say it once more that the heart will not harden from lack
It's amazing to me that I find myself free from the stained glass that's under attack
From the shattering shards of the bonny and bards that were flung through the air, but I'm back

For even in the blackness and despair of deepest night
I'm conscious of all that I did and know I did it right
I may not match conventions for I've never sussed the rules
My heart my only guide for I have never suffered fools
The passion and the heartache there but in each separate pocket
In blazing wrack within the black is liftoff of the rocket

No comments:

Post a Comment