Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Monday, September 5, 2022

"Raffishly"

 Raffishly

It seems that once I start the poem train

It makes of life its own, begins to reign

Releasing thoughts of you without restraint

Precluding slightest effort or complaint

Becoming nigh impossible to shake

It pours out from my blood and bones, awake

Reaching transcendental, hit the brake

As if all life and love were now at stake

I try so hard to give it lightest touch

But, always, it comes out a bit too much

Chagrin and rolling eyes becoming vogue

Spiced with feelings of the raffish rogue

But, there beneath the tentative and fright

Remains essential thoughts of pure delight


No comments:

Post a Comment