Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Friday, October 7, 2022

"The Flame"


The Flame

A water drop from fountain spills across

Its shimmering and gleam creates a gloss

As spreads across the pool at fountain's base

Creating many ripples that erase

Upon its entry into pool below

A plume of mist creates a certain glow

Mingled plumes become as one

The glory brief beneath the sun


Never was my spirit broken

Only silent; now it's spoken

Of nascent note and key that love fulfills

In  symphony of human life

To strike away the needless strife

To see what love instills


For many years I sought the key

To bring to life the harmony

To filter through the misery

Personified in songstress, She

Holds the smile apart

From all the pain that goes on in Her heart

The spell She cast had willed the start

Of journey long

Her song is played in key of heart

No comments:

Post a Comment