Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Monday, October 10, 2022

"Truth"


Truth

As the morning turns to fall

I find the answer that I always knew

I'll love you right or not at all

You certify the answer remains true

I'd like to say

It is my way

But, that would be the greatest nonsense of all time

To think that I

Hold more than sigh

Is nothing but the barest nonsense set in rhyme

I've struggled on

From dusk to dawn

Only since you would not have it any other way

Make no mistake

I know the quake

If heart's desire were served before the day

That doesn't mean

My heart's not keen

To have you, even though I know the score

That life with damaged love is such a bore

That skin on skin is wonderful

But, not enough to light the dull

Long years of love gone wrong

You know it's not my will or way

With slightest impulse, I would stray

Into your arms, forevermore

It's you that I adore

In pain until the door

Is opened wide

And, in, with loving stride

We move on through the ages


It seems a conundrum, it's true

For I must find the way on through

It still is just because of you

You keep me going on until it's true


I have to laugh as I did not ever realize how appropriate the title of this collection was.  I did not intend it to mean an avalanche of poems but there you go.

But, the real point is that I know it (and hate it), that I have to go it alone one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment