Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Anchor"

Anchor

It ripped apart my mind for many years

Confusion ruled  the mind; and eyes, the tears

My surety in all developed cracks

As life displayed for me all that it lacks

The rending of this heart, there seemed no end

As I encountered monsters round each bend

For all along, those many years in which I bled the sun

You appeared as anchor conjured as I pled for one

So, no, a muse is not all that you are

I found my soul was moored unto a star

My dearest Constellation Florence kept me steady, sane

Roaming walls of truth where dwelled the bane

As courses of events converged to clarify

I raised my head from ground and drew a sigh

So, now, it seems appropriate to say Great heart and I

Thank you for your patience as we offered you the sky

Of course, I wish there could be more

But, days have past and age has scored

I just hope you see the day

When wrought, the work sets soul aweigh

I imposed on you, of that there is no doubt

As I struggled so to find the right way out

Though privacy and bleeding soul were clear

I still imposed myself on you, my dear

I hope that I have compensated through

All the love and heart I sent to you

It all is true, though ages make it seem

A foolish thought, just ripples of a dream

I leaned on you, I needed it so bad

Though I am sure it seemed I am a cad

A crazy man, I'm sure is what it seems

As words just poured from me in endless streams

My mind was shattered twice within a span

As lonesome effort drove this lonely man

I know I must have seemed a crazy mess

As I lay open to the wound's distress

Sorry about that



No comments:

Post a Comment