Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Sunday, April 21, 2024

"Motion"

 Motion

Every time, I spiral out of depth

Each time I find I need to catch my breath

When skimming through the images of you

A cavalcade of all of life on cue

Some, so like safari in the wild

And, others, light the sky with something mild

And, yet, there are still others, amongst the many, all the while

That rare distressed occasion when I ache to make you smile

Not a grin, from joke mislaid

Or, wild, careening, madness made

But, comfort in the feeling that one knows

That thing in me that recognizes all in you that glows


Fill me with your essence, I implore

In changeling atmosphere that I adore

The whirling dervish of the hurricane

The spectral  swirl of colors, so arcane

The motions that will sweep me far aside

Your elegance, my eagerness applied

Let passions sprinkled on this life convene

A spell of everlasting glistening


My heart and head lose rhythm as I deem to speculate

The thunder only I can hear, I know you can relate

The staggering of depths there to explore

The shattering of mind of mine, encore

Welcome to mercurial decor


No first impressions when it comes to you

Or every one; depends how you construe

As each of your expressions born is new

(okay, I exaggerate at little, it is true)

There is, with each expression, something true

And, always, always, this remains in view

The smile that always wreathes my face with any thought of you


And, yet, expressions only are most manifest display

More subtle are the motions and the crafting of a way

Safari run of hymnal themes 

Glittering with loving dreams

With images in colours only found in spectral mind

Reminiscent labyrinth both passioned and refined

That I so wish to fulfill with love


Explosion of the colours that none else could ever see

Unless the blissful heart bestowed the gift for one to be

In presence of the motion of the loving mind set free

With every aspect of the love


M


No comments:

Post a Comment