Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Monday, August 27, 2007

"The Beacon"

 The Beacon

Within the darkness glowed a light

Across the binding sea

Incandescence to bedight

The wondrous, bel esprit


I sought the beacon, long and lost

But, never distance ever crossed

The beacon's light was far too bright

The blaze of light across the night

Was spinal fire of thee

Twin feelings, there, of love and awe

The beacon blazed upon the flaw

The radiance fluorescing all the while

In elegance and timeless, daring style

As witness to the waves and sea

Disdaining all the agony

Of blood and loss and tragedy

How was I to know

That only half the glow

Was all I should expect before 

Or ever should have sought

And, in this life, to just explore

The word, not deed, but loving thought

That love will have to wait awhile

For elegance of life and loving style


No comments:

Post a Comment