Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Thursday, March 18, 2004

"If it's you"

Strange poem I wrote a few weeks ago.  It presents an interesting conundrum.  Maybe the weirdest poem I've written to date.   

If it's you

If it's you that rattles round my cage

Tempering my growing, ceaseless rage

As time goes on amidst the well-worn age

As I turn to till another page

I don't know what to say


As I pause between the stakes to die

As I turn my head unto the sky

A whisper comes to sing another sigh

Another life to live, another try

The stage is now the focus of the ray


I had to start a new chapter named "Unsettled" as the only title that makes sense for something that makes no sense. to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment