Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Happy Birthday 2021

Kaleidoscope (again)

or Happy Birthday, 2021*

Kaleidoscope, your colours just dismay

Swirling sparks revealed in vast array

The myriad expressions on display

Spirit fills the songs with swing and sway

Kaleidoscopic voice and lyrics flay

Inspiring art, not subtlety, your way

The whole that hints at passion's overlay

Nuances send this heart on holiday

"Kaleidoscope", a humble sobriquet

Indicative of all in ricochet

Definitive it's not, for who can say

That ever have they plumbed the depths aweigh

My fare has been a bare and sparse entree

I only dreamt of, once, an interplay

To leave me breathless, not in disarray


A simple word, four syllables, betoken cabaret

Of all the love and wonder that I celebrate this day



(my own choice for 2022 is "Do I Miss You?", but choose whichever you desire. i also really like "bomb squad".  it just tickles me)


No comments:

Post a Comment