Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Friday, October 7, 2022

"Weather Gauge"

Weather Gauge

The wind has whipped around, again

Midst force of will and driving rain

The hurricane has found a home, once more

As, now, I step on through the open door

I sense the weather move as it is changing

As all of life, once more, is rearranging

There is one weather gauge that I do treasure

That wilding sense of life for which no measure

For all the heat and wild emotion's pressure

Her smiles still crystal clear and ever fresher

All Her aches and all Her pain

Produce in me a hurricane

Without the slightest feeling of remorse

That hurricane is set upon a course

To rip apart delusions held

All false reality be felled

The force of hurricane

Blast the needless pain

And fury of the storm

Does, then, begin to form

Into something human

You are my only gauge that showed the way

Through deep and pensive thought to smiles' array

No comments:

Post a Comment