Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

"Painting Rainbows"


 Painting rainbows

I don't know how it happened, how you came into my life

So many lives ago with each one cutting like a knife

You and I, seem only ones to sense the depth of broken

Wizards on the winds of life, we sense the love unspoken

So many lives ago, the living flung us far apart

Until the love could flourish there from heart to loving heart

The ache I felt across the eons kept me on the run

To bring to you all warmth and love, a glow that rivals sun

I use the words to turn all life and love into portrait

To lay before your feet, the love, so real to captivate

You screamed across the rainbows that the love must match the score

Now, the time has come for loving life, forevermore 

The blade is gone

The cuts can heal

It is new dawn

For love is real

But, knowledge is my avenue and you're the one to sense

Only you can know the tune, when loving can commence

I await your pleasure

When you sense that there is treasure

I await the time

When the loving in your heart sings out in rhyme


Mike


I hope you are filled with love in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment