Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Friday, June 9, 2023

"Ragged edge"

This one really could have gone here or Sentient Perspective.  By default, though, it belongs here. 

Ragged edge

I wish I could do more, this life, to soothe your savaged heart

A special key of life to make your hopes and dreams restart

But now I feel my own have started journey to depart

To whip away  in channels o'er the tumbling waterfall

From all the drones of life that force the energy to stall

To splash among the rocks, cascades of wondrous shatterfall


The gloom that seeks to claim me, for the first time in this life

Has found a passage through the armour, cutting like a knife

So far, the will has not succumb, but blade has ragged edge

All pain, a long familiar sort, from depths of life I dredge

The force of mind to shape the ache to breathless song of sky

Ah, it's always, always, there's another scheme to try

And, so, I carry on, again, with captivated sigh

I leap into the depths unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment