Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

"Sky"

 Sky

I lay upon a carpet of green grass

Contemplating sky and clouds that pass

As shades of white and blue go through my mind

So like the clouds, I drift along and find

That, once again, my thoughts have turned to you

Obscuring all that falls within my view

Ever-present loving saturates

I ponder thoughts of passion and the fates

Upon the drifting clouds, so soft and fair

Drifts these thoughts of deepest loving care

Heart goes with the clouds upon their travels

As the worried thought of heart unravels

Wind picks up and sighs with thoughts of love

Heart returns with feelings far above

Sun begins to set upon the day

Night begins to fondle interplay

The shining moon reflects your sweet demure

Twinkling stars emerge as feelings stir

Night of summer breeze so slowly passed

Light of newborn day is coming fast

Sun arises with a heartfelt sigh

In radiance of shining clear blue sky

Filling, once again, with love that I

Give back unto the morning's open sky


w

No comments:

Post a Comment