Dateless

Dates mean nothing. The poems are just ordered as I please. I believe I still have a mostly accurate account of dates elsewhere.

Monday, January 1, 2024

"Precarious Perch"

 Precarious Perch

Balanced on the razor's intuition

On one side, desire for my fruition

On the other side, mankind's ignition

An end to the belief in life's perdition

Within this life, no hope for my desire

To culminate the dream of spinal fire

How does one's balance bide while leaning to

The search for mankind's peace the only view

So, still one eye remains on either side

And, for another lifetime I abide

For my fruition's key always resides

In gentle hand of one with gentle tides

Reflecting all of mankind's disposition

Sharing sense of being is fruition

The danger is immersion in the pain

Of mankind's deep unreason and disdain

Difference in the razor's sharpened sides

One drowning in unreason that divides

The other is a wave of loving tides

Cognition of the sweet and gentle rides

Immersed in me is wonder for those tides

And, once again, this life, I make a pledge

To keep my balance on the razors' edge


No comments:

Post a Comment